Sunday 2 October 2011

KCraze: KPop girl groups 101

Kekeke...I knew it! Sooner or later, I had to ‘let the cat out of the bag’. I have to confess something...not so secret.

                I like Korean Pop a.k.a. KPop. 

                Silly, right? Well, I guess I’m guilty of being silIy. I know there are people who simply hate the hype & even called it 'KPoop'. Ooo...

                I think it all started years ago (I think back in 2003) because of a certain KDrama called “Winter Sonata”

Gosh...that drama was so good (I cried buckets watching that drama) that I just had to surf the net & look up this ‘Hallyu Wave’ thingy some more. Thus, here I am now =)

                Let’s just say, when it comes to KPop, I know what I’m talking about...huhu. If you are a noob in this KPop thingy, well…lemme help you become an instant pro! 

                This entry is dedicated to several KPop girl groups that I feel managed to spice up my interest in what I fondly called the ‘Kimchi Pop’

NOTICE: If you suddenly happened to find yourself surrounded by KPop crazy tweens, feel free to drop some names from the following girl groups. Then, those tweens will certainly find you very ‘cool’ indeed…kekeke. If you wanna go even further, just click on the songs I’ve linked here. Then, you can also sing-along with the tweens, if you feel like it =)

                So, the Top 5 KPop girl groups (according to allkpop) are...

#1: SNSD (pronounced as So Nyuh Shi Dae) a.k.a. Girls’ Generation

 
*9 members; Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, & Seohyun
*my fave SNSD’s songs; Tell Me Your Wish(Genie) & Mr. Taxi

#2: 2NE1

 
*4 members; Bom, Dara, CL & Minzy
*my fave 2NE1’s songs; Go Away & Lonely

#3: KARA

 
*5 members; Gyuri, Seung-yeon, Hara, Nicole & Jiyoung
*my fave KARA’s song; Lupin

#4: Brown Eyed Girls

 
*4 members; Jea, Miryo, Narsha & Ga-in
*this group is more mature womanly type, definitely not sugary girly
*my fave B.E.G.’s song; Abracadabra

#5: Wonder Girls

 
*5 members; Yubin, Yeeun, Sunye, Sohee & Hyerim
*my fave WG’s song; Tell Me (p.s. I’m sick of ‘Nobody’…that song is so seriously overrated!)

And, TA DA! My favourite KPop girl group...f(x)!! 


*5 members; Victoria, Amber, Luna, Sulli & Krystal
*my favourite member; the tomboyish Amber
*my fave f(x)’s songs; Mr. Boogie & Beautiful Goodbye

                A few honourable mentions...

4Minute 


*5 members; Ji Hyun, Ga Yoon, Ji Yoon, Hyuna & So Hyun
*my favourite member; Ji Yoon
*my fave 4Minute’s songs; What a Girl Wants & HuH (Hit YourHeart)

Miss A 


*4 members; Fei, Jia, Min & Suzy
*my fave Miss A’s song; Love Alone

                So, how are you guys doing? Seeing any kimchi yet? Actually, I can elaborate on each girl group in a more detailed manner, but then, I don’t wanna overwhelm you guys. You can also look up for After School, SISTAR, Secret & T-Ara if you feel like you wanna know more about KPop girl groups O_O

                Hehe...this entry is just the beginning. I’ll be posting lots & lots of Korean related entries from now on…huhu. Therefore, brace yourself! Until then... (annyeong)!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...