Wednesday 5 October 2011

Happy World Teachers' Day!!

Yayyy!

                It’s 5th of October today! It’s WORLD TEACHERS’ DAY!

                This year’s theme; “TEACHERS FOR GENDER EQUALITY”. What’s the significance of this year’s theme? 


                Well, as you all might have noticed, most teachers are women. I think this is because we women have better understanding, and are of more nurturing, sympathetic souls. We are a lot more patient than our male counterparts. In other words, we can stand the bull…. better than the male teachers. And what’s more, WE KNOW HOW TO NAG! Huhu…

                However, it is rather unfortunate that in some parts of the world, women received lesser salaries than those of men even though these women are better qualified & in some cases, better workers. Moreover, in some countries, girls are not given the same opportunities to study as their male siblings. What a pity! 

                Thus, I feel that this year’s theme focuses on the role of teachers to balance out the equality of rights between the two genders. Whether we were born male or female; we all need each other. Thus, we must get the same opportunities as the other party. If we work together, the world will become a much better place to live in. Egad! I’m being philosophical…scary! :0

                Ooo…talking about gender equality, I remembered one time when I was in a computer shop. There was this one mother who was trying to change his son’s mind in buying a different computer mouse than the one he actually wanted. Well, you see, the son preferred a PINK computer mouse. Therefore, the mother tried her very best to persuade his son to choose a different colour…and yes, to choose a BLUE or the unisex BLACK computer mouse instead. 

                My mom & I looked at each other, but we kept quiet as it was not our business to interrupt. But, when we reached our car, mom & I talked about what happened. My mom sympathised with the boy. While, I simply said, I don’t really mind if the boy wanted a pink computer mouse. Pink is a nice, cool colour. Heck! It’s my favourite colour. So, what if a boy wanted a pink computer mouse…I would say, let him have it! Don’t ‘ya think so? And we girls can wear all the blues that we want to! Thumbs up for GENDER EQUALITY!

                Keke…before I make you fall asleep on this gender equality stuff, I think I’d better stop...for now. To end my entry, let’s click on the following MV & enjoy ourselves. Gracias for reading! And ehem, never forget…TEACHERS ROCK THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!


"Well, I'm the geek in the pink, yo
Geek is the colour for fall, I'm the geek in the pink, yeah
So I'm the geek, yo...in the pink, yo
Hahah, y'all geek is the new colour for fall
I'm the geek in the pink"
              

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...