Friday 14 October 2011

Friday reminder (2)...

A mother’s love is precious. Thus, it is very appropriate for me to do a ‘Friday reminder’ section on mothers. I dedicate this entry to all the strong, dedicated, wonderful mothers I’m privileged to come across to in my life so far, especially to my mom :)

                Let us be reminded how important for us to treasure the mothers in our lives.

 
The Hadith

1. The Prophet Muhammad said (may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him): “Your Heaven lies under the feet of your mother” (Ahmad, Nasai).
__________________________________________

2. A man came to the Prophet and said, “O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship?”
The Prophet said: “Your mother”.
The man said, “Then who?”
The Prophet said: “Then your mother”.
The man further asked, “Then who?”
The Prophet said: “Then your mother”.
The man asked again, “Then who?”
The Prophet said: “Then your father” (Bukhari, Muslim).
__________________________________________

3. It is narrated by Asma binti Abu Bakr that during the treaty of Hudaibiyah, her mother, who was then pagan, came to see her from Makkah. Asma informed the Messenger of Allah of her arrival and also that she needed help. 
He said: “Be good to your mother” (Bukhari, Muslim).
__________________________________________

                To end today’s late entry, I’ve decided to include the following clip on how a kitten which was twitching (as if it is having some sort of a nightmare) was comforted by its mother. It’s so sweet, so I think I should share it with all of you. 

LESSON LEARNT: A mother’s true love transcends all boundaries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...