Tuesday 4 October 2011

Anne of Inspiration…

Who inspired you? 

                My students often asked me that. And I often wonder. How should I answer that? Was it Anne…or Megan?

                Well, you see once upon a time, I’ve watched the most life-changing TV movies I’ve ever watched in my life so far. The title? ‘Anne of Green Gables’. Why life-changing you say? ‘Cos after watching that, I dreamed of becoming…A TEACHER! Not the most glamorous profession, I know. And yup, I think some of you might have…once in your lifetime hated teachers, right? Keke…I know the feeling.

                Who or what is ‘Anne of Green Gables’? Okay, Anne Shirley is an orphan girl who was ‘accidentally’ adopted by two elder siblings, Matthew & Marilla Cuthbert. Matthew adored Anne, but Marilla not so much. This is because Anne is such a headstrong, highly imaginative young girl. 


                Anne was given a chance to study at a village school, where she excelled tremendously. She met several interesting characters at school, for example her ‘bosom buddy’, the beautiful Diana & her ‘sworn enemy’ Gilbert Blythe.


                 The story chronicles around Anne’s journey to become an inspiring teacher of English. She often spouted poetry & daydreamed about becoming some tragic literary figures. I love the TV movies. Megan Follows who acted as Anne was perfect! That is why I couldn’t answer my students’ question on who inspired me to become a teacher. Anne or Megan? Hmm…

                By the way, many well-known people adore ‘Anne of Green Gables’ too. Yay! This is what I often quoted as “Great minds think alike”! Some of Anne’s fans are…Mark Twain (author of ‘The Adventures of Tom Sawyer’) & Stephenie Meyer (author of ‘Twilight’).

                Anyway, if you are interested to know more about Anne Shirley, I hereby provide you guys with the following links :)







If you are inspired like me, don’t forget to read the books too, starting with the first book -->



3 comments:

Junie Octovian said...

Who inspire me to write? Its the writer named HLOVATE. The way he/she writes is so simple that I was thinking writing a novel is not that difficult after all...provided...you have the story to tell.

aidan said...

Yup! I'm hoping that somehow...we also did manage to inspire others in our lives too...

primrose said...

I love Anne! Kindred spirit hehe..

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...