Monday 26 September 2011

To Wars or To Trek...that is the question

“You may start your landing...”

                LOL. I don’t know why. That line will conjured up in my mind whenever someone mentioned my all-time favourite sci-fi movie saga. I think my siblings might have already guessed from which movie that line came from...keke. As for the rest of you non sci-fi movie geeks, it’s from the original trilogy saga of Star Wars. Specifically, from The Empire Strikes Back during the snow battle :)

                Yup! I’m officially a Star Wars geek. And I’m proud to admit it too. Imagine that. But le gasp! I was sitting in front of the TV recently, and managed to watch...Star Trek!


                I thought I would hate it, what’s with being a bona fide fan of Star Wars for well, decades of my life. But, surprisingly, no. I enjoyed it! Then, I remembered something. I think I bought the DVD version of that movie uhm, last year? And after some rummaging through my movies collection, yes! I did buy the DVD. But, I never did watch it. It’s still in its pristine condition...huhu.

                So, I watched the copy that I bought and all, and guess what I figured out? No wonder I like the movie. It was directed by J.J. Abrams who created my all-time favourite female spy series, Alias! And J.J. managed to somehow incorporate some of the excitement from a particular movie that got him inspired. The name of that movie which inspired him? Star Wars

                J.J. You’re ‘da man! I regret for not taking notice of this movie earlier. Hehe...sorry J.J. dude.

                What’s more...Kirk. OMG! Totally cool persona & real cute too. Hello there, Chris Pine! I liked him in Princess Diaries 2, I laughed along when I watched him in Just My Luck, but whoa! He somehow graduated and became one of my fave actors because of Star Trek! Plus, the gorgeous Zoe Saldana's in this movie. She's awesome. Actually, she needs to get a movie of her own. Eh? She's the lead in Colombiana? I need to watch that, I think.

                And ooo, more good news. J.J. is producing/directing the sequel. It’s in pre-production stage and scheduled to be out next year. Okay, I need to watch out for that. After all, we are talking about J.J. Abrams here, sci-fi genius! Come to think of it, hmm, I need to watch Super 8 too. 

                Well, anyway, as Spock mentioned over and over again... “Live long & prosper!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...