Sunday 25 September 2011

READ, READ & AWAY!

So, the weekend came, as usual. What did you all do? I went to KK for some much-due book hunting. Reading my sister’s blog entries made me realised something. I’m itching to get my hands on some new books. And whatdaya know, voila! Book hunting I did!

                My mom and youngest bro were such wonderful sports and patient enough to allow me to ogle at all those wonderful books at Times and later at Harris, 1Borneo. And, yes indeed! Ogling was the right operative word...keke. After much hesitations and quick calculations on the cost of the books (well, I am on a tight budget these days...sigh), I managed to buy a few books. 

                I got so giddy just thinking of reading all those books. Can’t wait! For those of you who don’t read much, well, you wouldn’t know the feeling...huhu. I think only geeky bookworms like my sis and I would understand the ‘giddiness’ of fresh, new, unread books. So, enough of that. What did I buy?

                Ta da! ‘Dark Peril’ by Christine Feehan, one of my favourite authors. I have ALL her Dark series collection. Well, except for the latest. I couldn’t find it in bookstores here...yet.  


                Next, ‘Goddess of Troy’ by P.C. Cast, another one of my favourite authors. I should really stop saying that...favourite authors.

 
                Really, I have so many favourite authors, it’s kinda embarrassing. Shows how much my loyalty lies, eh? I don’t know why, I just couldn’t narrow down that favourite author list to only one or two names. It’s too hard, well for me, somehow. I wonder how other people can do that. Hmm...who’s your favourite author?

                Then, a book that I have been anticipating to read for quite a while, and finally managed to get my hands on. ‘A Doctor In The House’ by my favourite Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad. I don’t know why, but sometimes Mahathir’s smile reminds me of my dad. Love you, Yah :)


                What else? ‘Suri Wanita Teladan Zaman Rasulullah’ by Dr. Talaat Muhammad Afifi. I like this book, it’s pretty flowery...keke. And it’s thin, very suitable for some light, inspirational reading.


                And not forgetting, ‘Akukah Snow White Itu?’ by Lily Haslina Nasir. I love her writing style. And the book cover is simple yet I somehow find it to be quite attractive. Yep! I’m judging a book by its cover. Guilty!


                Ooo...can’t wait to read all the books I’ve just bought. But then, the weekend is almost over. OH NO!! Back to work. Hold on books. By hook or by crook, I’m gonna read all of you before the month ends (err..hopefully). Let’s hope there’ll be very few workloads next week...which I doubt. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but then, those new books...sigh.

                I wonder if I should review them too? Well, I might as well do that if I have nothing else to do...keke. READ, READ & AWAY!

3 comments:

Junie Octovian said...

Kak! Wah sopping (shopping) buku eh? Wah...heaven la...mak andak tak berkesempatan lagi. Will wait until I've finished with my writing first. It's been kept on hold 4 such a long time la...I tawt berjalan could gives me more ideas...instead...its so tiresome.

aidan said...

Yup Mak Andak! I'm so excited nak habiskan baca buku-buku tu semua. And patiently waiting for your next novel too. Yay!

Kakak tengah cuba2 wat novel gak nih, entah bila la gamaknya nak siap. Cerita pasal cikgu BI...keke. Nanti nak mintak Mak Andak komen bila dah siap ek? After all, u r my idol. Luv ya!

primrose said...

aah do a book review yeah? I've been looking out for your birthday present (hint..hint) maybe it's in Kinokuniya..I love Lily Haslina Nasir too..she's been writing for ages..

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...