Wednesday 3 August 2011

A Dusun wedding song

2day, I checked my sms messages & found something interesting.

The translated lyrics of a well-known Dusun song titled ‘Miniagal Oh Sinsing’ by John Gaisah.


This song is sorta the staple song played or performed during any KadazanDusun weddings. And yes...often sung by those 'uncles' a.k.a. gaman during drinking time...keke.

How did I come by the lyrics? Well, my youngest bro went to PLKN in Rembau. And he asked me to search for the lyrics (the original Dusun version) of the song. He also asked what does the lyric means in Malay.

So, since I’m not at all proficient in the Dusun language (even though I’m half-Dusun), I got my fabulous Auntie Rabidah to translate the lyrics for me. Thus, she sent me couples of sms with the lyrics in Malay. Thanks a lot aunt! U r awesome!

Well, lemme see...I think we should post the original Dusun version first. And here it goes...
miniagal oh sinsing
poinsulung id tunturu ya
tanda dagai do misanganu
tanda dagai do miginawo

sinsing di pointopot
di au nodi oidu idu
tanda do poingirot oh ginawo
tanda do aiso suai sanganu

aiso di suai andadon yaa
nga tanak dagai kopogulu
tondu poh toi kusai oh tanak
ginowoon dagai ngoduo

sorou-sorou ku noh
ngaran do pomungaran yaa
au kaandad orikot oh timpu
au kaandad aiso kikibiton
Credit goes to: borneobonita.blogspot.com (Tq for compiling KadazanDusun songs & lyrics)

Then...the translated Malay version courtesy of my fabulous Auntie Rabidah :)
Cincin tanda ikatan,
Di jari manis kami kini,
Tanda cinta yang suci,
Tanda cinta kami berdua.

Cincin tanda setia,
Yang akan kekal abadi,
Tanda cinta yang tulus,
Tanda hati ini dimiliki.

Kini kami menanti,
Kehadiran cahaya mata,
Lelaki atau perempuan,
Kami terima dengan redha.

Kini kami memikirkan,
Nama untuk si comel,
Tak sabar rasa menunggu,
Tak sabar untuk menimangnya.
Well, now I think I can delete the sms, right? If I'm in the mood, I’ll try to translate the Malay lyrics into English...that is, IF. Hehe...

2 comments:

primrose said...

why is the brother asking for wedding songs?

aidan said...

I hv no idea...keke.

I'm guessing bcos this song is like sooo famous? Or...maybe he wants to dedicate this song to someone special or something? LOL

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...