Sunday 14 August 2011

Bigger is better?

O_O

LOL. I know some of you guys were curious when you saw that tagline, ‘aite? Well, whatever you guys were thinking, keep it to yourself...keke. We are going to talk about singers today, yup, those wonderful people with nightingale-like voices...something like that.

I’m gonna talk about a few talented singers with super great voices...and yes, they happened to be beautiful in size too. There are 2 parts of this entry...I've decided to post them as one part for the international singers & another one especially for the local (Malaysian) singers.

First up, Aretha Louise Franklin a.k.a. The Queen of Soul.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care ... TCB

Heck, she’s so great that even Rolling Stone magazine ranked her as the numero uno on its list of The Greatest Singers of All Time. She’s THE DIVA with many hit songs, but two of my all-time favourites are “Respect” and “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman”
 
 
And ahem, I’ve watched the gossip channel E! Entertainment & also found out that she demands the best wherever she goes; as in the best hotel room, best trailer, best clothes, etc. etc. etc. Whoa! That’s the symbol of a true diva through and through. I mean, why not, right? If your name is Aretha Franklin, you can afford to become choosy. She's larger than life! Who cares what everybody else's has to say...heck, if I'm Aretha, I'll say, "I want the best & I want it now!" Hehe =)





p.s. Ooo...this picture is kinda sexy, eh? LOL...I like the macro caption, though.









Next up, a divo (male diva...hihi). The one & only the late Luciano Pavarotti

What the...? Some of you might say... Well, I wouldn’t have considered opera as a 'worth-listening-to' branch of music if it wasn’t for the likes of Maestro Pavarotti. He made me realised that opera is cool! 

I love pronouncing his name too. LU-CI-A-NO PA-VA-ROT-TI. Gosh...sounds like something edible. Don’t ‘ya feel like you are about to eat some kind of magnificent, tasty Italian dish? Hehe...anyway, Maestro came from an underprivileged family background but had risen to become one of the most prominent figures in opera. This is where one of my favourite saying comes to mind; “When the going gets tough, the tough gets going”. Yeah, Maestro proved it that nothing’s impossible if you dare reach for that distant dream of yours. 


And what’s cooler is that...I’ve found out that Maestro once thought about becoming a football goalkeeper. Ooo...fascinating. What would that have been, though. Hmmm...

The thing I love most is Maestro reminded me of a cute penguin whenever he sang, what’s with that tailcoat he always wore. Cute...keke. And yes, he had so many interesting collaborations with some of my favourite singers, as the list below shows.

 
So, who’s next? Oh, yes! I adore this girl’s voice...Miss Adele Laurie Blue Adkins.

One of the reasons Adele is one of my favourite is simply because we both love Spice Girls! Hehe... "Great minds think alike". Adele even said the Spice Girls is a major influence to her love and passion for music, and lemme quote what she stated about the Spice Girls; "they made me what I am today”. According to what I’ve read, Adele even impersonated the Spice Girls at dinner parties when she was young. That’s awesome. Girl power, sistah!




So, I’m sure most of you have heard “Rolling in the Deep”, right? If you haven’t yet, I have only one question to ask you... Where have you been, mister?” Keke. That song of hers made that one particular scene in ‘I Am Number Four’ memorable to me. Have you watched the movie? I’m talking about this scene...










However, my favourite Adele's song gotta be "Someone Like You". I love that song! Here's the vid of Adele performing that awesome song. Brilliant!









Hmmm...what other interesting titbits about Adele that I know of? Well, Adele was classmates with Leona Lewis and Jessie J. I wonder what kind of a class that was? Must have been fun. I love those two. I think I should write about Leona Lewis & Jessie J. sometime later. Love them!


Another interesting thing, Beyoncé said that our Adele is one of the influences for her recent album. Isn’t Adele great?



Okay, guys, my next next entry...Bigger is better (the Malaysian way) featuring Sharifah Aini, Adibah Noor & Najwa Mahiaddin :)



Yup. Big girls you are beautiful.

2 comments:

aemynadira said...

i love Adele! i think she got the best voice & she's my all time favorite singer ^^

primrose said...

adibah noor..

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...